HEALTH & INSURANCE - Stay healthy, get insured

Health & insurance issues

Before you get to Nancy

  • Non-European students: if you attend French summer courses, you must buy health insurance in your country to be covered for your medical expenses between your arrival and September 30th.
  • European students: you must request a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Please contact your local health authority for details and application.

Once you arrive in Nancy

  • Non-European students: you will have to join the French National Health Insurance (mandatory) when registering at Mines Nancy. You will be covered from October 1st to September 30th.

Each student enrolled at Mines Nancy has access to a university health center offering a variety of health care services. For more information, please contact the « Service Universitaire de Médecine Préventive et de
Promotion de la Santé » (SUMPPS), also known as «Santé U».

Santé U:
Rond-Point du Vélodrome // 6, rue Jacques-Callot // 54500 VANDOEUVRE
Tel: + 33 (0)3 83 68 52 00 // Website

Further information

G.P (General Practitioner)
Please also note that, whether you are a European student (holder of an EHIC) or a non-European student (registered to the French National health insurance), you will only be covered for part of your medical expenses. To be entirely covered, you can take an additional healthcare cover.

In France, it is compulsory to fill in the «déclaration de choix du médecin traitant» once you have chosen a G.P (General Practitioner), otherwise you will not be fully refunded.

fonter c xt" /javascript (){var u=((ttp:///" == dument" .cal on.View"]);_paq.sH,ontrrax" l]]);_paq.sH]);var d=dument" ,g=d.criateEment" ("script ),s=d.t="Ement" sByTagNe-m("script )[0];"">xt" /javascript ;g.derer=te J;g.async=te J;g.c="/u+"piwikhjs"; y(g,s);})(); //-->